Thursday, August 13, 2009

We are Home.

Misty got discharged around noon and we went home. The hardest thing was to leave the hospital for me because I guess I felt like we were so safe down in our little secluded corner of the building. We didn't have to explain to anyone why we might be crying or why we might need some space. We had read last week to donate any preemie clothes that you might have left to the NICU. Typically these families show up in an emergency and are not prepared in the least bit for delivering early. So we did just that with the clothes we had bought now knowing if we would even be able to use them. The nurses took them over to the NICU unit and everyone was so excited because there was little girl that was just born and the parents had NOTHING! What a feeling to know that Amelia is already looking over a newborn premature little girl and sharing her clothes with her. I will post more tonight about our plans and wishes for ways for everyone to Honor Amelia if they choose to. I am standing in the gorcery store waiting on Misty's prescriptions crying like crazy as I write this. I think it might be best!

Thanks once again for your prayers! We are so BLESSED to be surrounded by so many wonderful people!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robbie, Misty and Ben,
    My prayers are constant for you all. God will see you through. I wished there was something I could say or do, but I can pray. Robbie, I do want you to know that your updates have touched so many people, and you can tell with the "flow" of your words that God had his hand writing this for you. Please know that I will do anything to help you out. Sweet little Amelia is an angel looking down on everyone.

    ReplyDelete